The Raspberry Pi is becoming more and more accepted as a development platform and solution for process controls applications. These range from gas detection, materials management, power measurement and simple HVAC controls, just to name a few. The most asked for packaging that we see is "Do you have a DIN rail enclosure?"
VP Process Inc. will soon be releasing a Pi-SPI-DIN series of products that will be all DIN rail mountable. The first product in production will be the RPi-3 controller seen in the above picture.
Standard features will be:
- Power Input: 9 to to 24 VDC
- RS485 Interface available on Terminal block and RJ45 Connectors
- Real Time Clock with Battery Backup (CR2032)
- GPIO Interface available on 16/24 Pin Ribbon Cable Connector
- LED Indicators
- DIN Rail Enclosure
- Sample Test programs in "C" and Python
- (RPi's will be sold separately)
The RS485 interface will allow the RPI-3 to communicate with all the 8 channel modules available (by VP Process Inc.), as well as the new 4 point Pi-SPI-DIN series modules in development.
Expected release date is this June 2017.
Here is a sneak peak at the new RPi 3 Module:
Update June 2:
The PI-SPI-DIN-RTC-RS485 is now available.