This is the DIN rail mountable version of the PI-SPI-2AO Analog Input Interface! The PI-SPI-DIN-4AO is based on the Microchip MCP4728 12 bit D/A converter with the I2C Interface.
The MCP4728 can have up to 8 programmable I2C addresses allowing 8 PI-SPI-DIN-4AO's to be daisy chained together for a total of 32 analog outputs.
Each output channel has jumper selections for:
4-20 mA, 0 to 5 VDC or 0 to 10 VDC output.
Each channel has jumper selections to power the output circuit from the internal field voltage applied to the main PI-SPI-DIN module, OR from the applied voltage to the output channel terminal block.
Each module in the PI-SPI-DIN series has two 16b Pin GPIO ports that carry power, SPI, I2C and 5 Chip Selects from the main PI-SPI-DIN-RTC-RS485 Module. Also, each module has it's own 5VDC switching power supply and 3.3VDC LDO regulator.
- Two 16 Pin GPIO Ports (Power, SPI, I2C and 5 Chip Selects)
- 5 VDC 0.5A Switching Power Supply (9 to 24 VDC Input)
- 3.3VDC LDO regulator
- Terminal Blocks are rising clamp cage screw type (no leaf springs)
- Blue LED indicator for power
- MCP4728 A/D Converter with 12 bit resolution
- I2C Interface with buffering
- I2C Address Range 0x60 to 0x67
- Analog output drive at 24 VDC field power is 1000 Ohms
- Analog Output jumper selectable 4-20 mA, 0 to 5 VDC or 0 to 10 VDC
- Output Channel Power jumper selectable from main module or applied field power to terminal block
- Each output circuit has a signal strength LED
- PCB Dimensions: 2.7" Wide x 3.42" Long
Each PI-SPI-DIN module has three mounting styles available:
- PCB on Spacers
- DIN rail Clips
- DIN rail Enclosure
PI-SPI-DIN-4AO Accessories :
All PI-SPI-DIN Interfaces come complete with interconnect ribbon cables and all necessary hardware based on enclosure style.
Typical Application with pcb DIN clip mounting:
Typical Application with DIN Rail Enclosure mounting:
The PI-SPI-DIN Series now has Node-RED support. Please visit
Node-RED and the PI-SPI-DIN Series
To re-program the I2C address of the PI-SPI-DIN-4AO, please read the application note:
PI-SPI-DIN-4AO Address Programming
PI-SPI-DIN-4AO GPIO Connector
PI-SPI-DIN Series Raspberry Pi GPIO Mapping
PI-SPI-DIN-4AO PCB Layout
For Python Sample Code, please visit:
PI-SPI-DIN-4AO Python Code Samples
Basic Python "Write" Analog Output D/A Counts Program:
from time import sleep
from widgetlords.pi_spi_din import *
outputs = Mod4AO()
outputs.write_single(0, 800) # 4 mA
outputs.write_single(1, 800) # 4 mA
outputs.write_single(2, 4000) # 20 mA
outputs.write_single(3, 4000) # 20 mA