This is the DIN rail mountable version of the Pi-Spi-8AI Analog Input Interface! The PI-SPI-DIN-8AI is based on the popular VP-EC-8AI 8 channel 4-20 mA input module, and the Microchip MCP3208 12 bit A/D converter.
Each module in the PI-SPI-DIN series has two 16 Pin GPIO ports that carry power, SPI, I2C and 5 Chip Selects from the main PI-SPI-DIN-RTC-RS485 Module. Also, each module has it's own 5VDC switching power supply and 3.3VDC LDO regulator.
Each channel can be configured as either mA or Voltage. Another feature is all inputs can easily be configured for thermistor input making the Pi-SPi-8AI an 8 channel temperature sensor module. Please contact us for custom configurations.
- Two 16 Pin GPIO Ports (Power, SPI, I2C and 5 Chip Selects)
- 5 VDC 0.5A Switching Power Supply (9 to 24 VDC Input)
- 3.3VDC LDO regulator
- Terminal Blocks are rising clamp cage screw type (no leaf springs)
- Blue LED indicators for power
- MCP3208 A/D Converter with 12 bit resolution
- Each analog signal buffered (1/4 LM324 Op Amp)
- Inputs 1 thru 8 are configured for 4 to 20 mA Input (Standard -20MA Option)
- All inputs can be configured for either mA, VDC, or Thermistor Input for temperature measurement
- PCB Dimensions: 2.7" Wide x 3.42" Long
Model Numbers and Inputs:
- PI-SPI-DIN-8AI-20MA : 8 Channels 4-20mA Input
- PI-SPI-DIN-8AI-NTC10K : 8 Channels Thermistor Input, 10K NTC
- PI-SPI-DIN-8AI-5VDC : 8 Channels 1-5VDC Input (0-5VDC)
- PI-SPI-DIN-8AI-10VDC : 8 Channels 0-10VDC Input
Each PI-SPI-DIN module has three mounting styles available:
PCB on DIN rail mounting clips
Other input configurations are available, please contact us before ordering!
PI-SPI-DIN-8AI Accessories :
All PI-SPI-DIN Interfaces come complete with interconnect ribbon cables and all necessary hardware based on enclosure style.
Typical Application with pcb DIN clip mounting:
Typical Application with DIN Enclosure mounting:
The PI-SPI-DIN Series now has Node-RED support. Please visit
Node-RED and the PI-SPI-DIN Series
PI-SPI-DIN GPIO Connector Pinout
PI-SPI-DIN-8AI PCB Layout
For Python Sample Code, please visit:
PI-SPI-DIN-8AI Python Code Samples
Basic Python "Read" A/D Counts Program:
from time import sleep
from widgetlords.pi_spi_din import *
inputs = Mod8AI(ChipEnable.CE0)