Pi-SPi-8KO Raspberry Pi Relay Output Interface
The all new analog input interface for the Raspberry PI is here! The Pi-SPi-8KO has 2 SPDT relays and 6 relay signal outputs. Each signal output can drive a FET or transistor switch.
The design is based on the 74HC595 serial shift register, and has an LED indicator (Active) for each output.
All Accessories Including Ribbon Cables Sold Separately
Node-Red support is now available.
The GPIO expansion port is duplicated on either side of the module, so more modules can be added.
Port Pins Used:
- Identical foot print to the RPi 3
- Separate field power input (24VDC) for relays
- Each module has its own 3.3VDC LDO regulator operating from the RPi 5VDC bus
- No loading on the RPi 3.3VDC bus
- Terminal Blocks for relay contact and output signals
- LED indicators for power
- 2 Omron G5LE-14 DC24 Relays (UL,CSA, EN Standards Approved)
- LED ON Indicators for each Relay and signal output
- Pi-SPi-PS-24VDC Field Power Supply
- Pi-SPi-CABLE-40x26-2 (40 Pin to 26 Pin x 2") Required to connect to RPi
- Pi-SPi-CABLE-40x40-2 (40 Pin to 40 Pin x 2")
- Pi-SPi-CABLE-26x26-2 (26 Pin to 26 Pin x 2") Required to connect to PI-SPI Module
- Pi-SPi-MTG-HDW Mounting hardware 4x1/2" Aluminum spaces c/w 8 4-40 Stainless Steel Screws
Sample Software (Python)
Please download the latest Widgetlords libwidgetlords library. The instructions can be found at
Getting Started with PI-SPI Libraries
All of the sample code examples are based on the latest library installation. Please note the code samples all use Python 3.
Basic Python "Write" Relay Output Program:
from time import sleep
from widgetlords.pi_spi import *
relays = Mod8KO()
relays.write(0x01) # Relay 1 ON
The PI-SPI-8KO sample code programs and instructions can be found at
PI-SPI-8KO Python Code Samples
A complete set of Python demo code examples for the PI-SPI and PI-SPI-DIN series can be found on our GitHub repository:
For DIN Rail applications, the VPE-4450 DIN Rail Adapter Kit makes mounting easy!