Pi-SPi-RS485 Raspberry Pi RS485 Interface
The all new RS485 interface for the Raspberry PI is here! The GPIO expansion port is duplicated on either side of the module, so more modules can be added. The RS485 signals are duplicated on terminal blocks as well as RJ45 connectors.
The footprint matches the new RPi 3, and with the optional mounting hardware, it's a perfect fit on the back of the Pi. A lot of our product uses RS485 Modbus RTU protocol, and the Pi-SPi-RS485 is a perfect fit!
Port Pins Used:
Complete list of features:
- Identical foot print to the RPi 3
- Separate field power input (9-24VDC) for remote transmitters
- Each module has its own 3.3VDC LDO regulator operating from the 5VDC bus
- No loading on the RPi 3.3VDC bus
- Dual terminal blocks for RS485
- Dual RJ45 connectors for RS485, power over Cat5e to remote devices
- LED indicators for power, RS485
- Dual GPIO connectors (left and right)
- RS485 Chip Industry standard TI part SN65HVD72DR with IEC ESD Protection
- Alternate Driver IC's can be used in the DIP space provided (SMD RS485 removed)
- Jumper selectable 120 Ohm Termination resistor
Available in kit form (all SMD parts already installed) or fully assembled and factory tested.
- Pi-SPi-PS-24VDC Field Power Supply
- Pi-SPi-CABLE-40x26-2 (40 Pin to 26 Pin x 2")
- Pi-SPi-CABLE-40x40-2 (40 Pin to 40 Pin x 2")
- Pi-SPi-CABLE-26x26-2 (26 Pin to 26 Pin x 2")
- Pi-SPi-MTG-HDW Mounting hardware 4x1/2" Aluminum spaces c/w 8 4-40 Stainless Steel Screws