The PI-SPI-DIN-2x4MIO Interface for the Raspberry Pi is a complete automation solution. This multi I/O interface combines 2 (or more) analog inputs, 2 analog outputs, 2 digital inputs and 2 relay outputs into one seamless module for the Raspberry Pi.
The analog inputs can vary from isolated, non-isolated and HART enabled SDAFE (Software Defined Analog Front End) modules as well as the PI-SPI-DIN series analog input input modules.
The analog input modules (SDAFE and PI-SPI-DIN series) are now sold separately to increase the flexibility of this interface.
Raspberry Pi and SDAFE modules are NOT included.
Node-Red support is now available.
Please Allow up to 4 weeks for order Processing.
- Power Input 9 to 32 VDC (Typically 24 VDC for fixed systems or 12 VDC for battery operated systems) via terminal block or 2.1 x 5 mm Barrel Plug
- 0.75" aluminum spacers for the Raspberry Pi complete with 40 pin GPIO ribbon cable (included)
- DIN Rail mounting clips (2) included
- 5VDC @ 3A for the Raspberry Pi, provided via the 40 Pin GPIO ribbon cable
- Real Time Clock c/w CR2032 Battery
- RS485 via terminal block or RJ45 connector (for Modbus RTU applications)
- 2 Channels Isolated (Opto-Coupler) Digital Inputs ( Same as the PI-SPI-DIN-8DI)
- 2 Relay Outputs, contacts Rated at 2 Amp (2 SPDT)
- 2 SDAFE™ Analog Modules (Optional and sold separately)
Software Defined Analog Front End Modules with 15 bit A/D resolution
Isolated Programmable Analog Inputs
4-20mA, 0-5 VDC, or 0 to 10 VDC
- Any SDAFE channel can be HART enabled with the SDAFE-HART module
- 2 Isolated 24 VDC 40 mA Power supply for loop powered transmitters
- 2 Analog Outputs 4-20 mA
- PI-SPI-DIN series expansion modules 100% compatible for building out larger systems
For applications requiring more isolated analog inputs, the PI-SPI-DIN-2x4MIO can be expanded using the new PI-SPI-DIN-SDAFE-E module. This supports up to 4 SDAFE modules. Each module has 5 chip selects and 4 addresses. With full expansion, the PI-SPI-DIN2x4MIO can have 22 isolated analog input circuits.
PI-SPI-DIN-2x4MIO with the SDAFE expansion module:
Software Defined Analog Front End
Each SDAFE™ Isolated Analog Module can be programmed thru the application software to be mA or VDC input. All modules are factory calibrated with 6 break point calibration per input type.
The SDAFE™-X55 is an isolated analog signal conditioner. Inputs can be software selected to be either mA or VDC in various ranges and unit types. Signal and power isolation based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology,
The Isolator Integrated Circuit carries the following Safety and Regulatory Approvals:
- UL recognition
- 2500 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice #5A
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- IEC 60747-5-2 (VDE 0884, Part 2)
- VIORM= 560 V peak
The SDAFE™ communicates via SPI, and is powered from a single +3.3VDC or +5VDC source. The A/D converter is a 15 bit A/D.
- 0 - 20 mA
- 0 - 5 VDC
- 0 - 10 VDC
There are three SDAFE modules available and are sold separately,
The SDAFE™ Manual
The Interface without any analog input modules (as sold).
All of the interfaces do NOT include the Raspberry Pi.
The interface complete with a PI-SPI-DIN-8AI module (Sold separately)
Interface with 2 SDAFE modules (Isolated, Non-Isolated, HART enabled) sold separately.