The PI-SPI-DIN-RTC-RS485-4AI-4KO-8DI Interface for the Raspberry Pi is a complete automation solution. This multi I/O interface combines analog and digital inputs and outputs into one seamless module for the Raspberry Pi.
The analog inputs can vary from isolated, non-isolated and HART enabled SDAFE (Software Defined Analog Front End) modules as well as the PI-SPI-DIN series analog input input modules.
The analog input modules (SDAFE and PI-SPI-DIN series) are now sold separatley to increase the flexibility of this interface.
Raspberry Pi and SDAFE modules not included.
Please Allow up to 3 weeks for order processing.
Node-Red support is now available.
- Power Input 9 to 32 VDC (Typically 24 VDC for fixed systems or 12 VDC for battery operated systems) via terminal block or 2.1 x 5 mm Barrel Plug
- 1" aluminum spacers for the Raspberry Pi complete with 40 pin GPIO ribbon cable (included)
- DIN Rail mounting clips (3) included
- 5VDC @ 3A for the Raspberry Pi, provided via the 40 Pin GPIO ribbon cable
- Removable, pluggable terminal blocks for I/O (Phoenix "Combicon" Series)
- Real Time Clock c/w CR2032 Battery
- RS485 via terminal block or RJ45 connector
- 8 Channels Isolated (Opto-Coupler) Digital Inputs ( Sames as the PI-SPI-DIN-8DI)
- 4 Relay Outputs, contacts Rated at 2 Amp (1 SPDT, 3 SPST)
- 4 SDAFE™ Analog Modules (Optional and sold separately)
Software Defined Analog Front End Modules with 15 bit A/D resolution
Isolated Programmable Analog Inputs
4-20mA, 0-5 VDC, or 0 to 10 VDC
- Isolated 24 VDC 40 mA Power supply for loop powered transmitters on channel A1
- Any SDAFE channel can be HART enabled with the SDAFE-HART module
- PI-SPI-DIN series expansion modules 100% compatible for building out larger systems
The SDAFE™ Analog Modules are plugable and interchangeable as shown (Channel 1 removed) :
Each SDAFE™ Analog Module can be programmed thru the application software to be mA or VDC input. All modules are factory calibrated with 6 break point calibration per input type.
The SDAFE™-X55 is an isolated analog signal conditioner. Inputs can be software selected to be either mA or VDC in various ranges and unit types. Signal and power isolation based on the Analog Devices, Inc., iCoupler® technology,
The Isolator Integrated Circuit carries the following Safety and Regulatory Approvals:
- UL recognition
- 2500 V rms for 1 minute per UL 1577
- CSA Component Acceptance Notice #5A
- VDE certificate of conformity (pending)
- IEC 60747-5-2 (VDE 0884, Part 2)
- VIORM= 560 V peak
The SDAFE™ communicates via SPI, and is powered from a single +3.3VDC or +5VDC source. The A/D converter is a 15 bit A/D.
- 0 - 20 mA
- 0 - 5 VDC
- 0 - 10 VDC
There are three SDAFE modules available and are sold separately,
The SDAFE™ Manual
Python Sample Test Code
The Interface without any analog input modules (as sold).
All of the interfaces do NOT include the Raspberry Pi.
The interface complete with a PI-SPI-DIN-8AI module (Sold separately)
Interface with 4 SDAFE modules (Isolated, Non-Isolated, HART enabled) sold separately.